Friday, September 19, 2008

John McCain: Another Day, Another Lie

Honestly, it's getting harder and harder to keep up with all of the lies that come out of John McCain's mouth. His latest (as I type this anyway)?

Two years ago, I warned that the oversight of Fannie and Freddie was terrible, that we were facing a crisis because of it, or certainly serious problems," Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., told CBS this morning. "The influence that Fannie and Freddie had in the inside the Beltway, old boy network, which led to this kind of corruption is unacceptable and I warned about it a couple of years ago.

And here is John McCain 10 months ago when asked about the subprime mortgage crisis:
But so, in this whole new derivative stuff, and SIBs and all of this kind of new ways of packaging mortgages together and all that is something that frankly I don’t know a lot about. [...]

But I don’t know of hardly anybody, with the exception of a handful, that said ‘wait a minute, this thing is getting completely out of hand and is overheating.'
So, I’d like to tell you that I did anticipate it, but I have to give you straight talk, I did not.

by BarbinMD

No comments: